EFT for Healing Anger

One of the most powerful ways to use EFT to release anger and hurt feelings about a relationship is to create tapping statements out of what you would like to say to this person, and then tap these statements through until they feel neutral. For example, "Joe, I'm really angry and hurt because I needed you to listen to me, and you ignored me instead." When doing this kind of EFT, allow yourself to give voice to how you're really feeling, even if it sounds petty, mean, or childish. Meet yourself where you are, and tap yourself free from the painful emotions you're carrying about what happened. 

This is a great opportunity to say things that wouldn't be wise or helpful to actually say to the person. Instead, similar to writing a letter that you would never mail, you say out loud, as though you were really speaking to the person, what you are feeling, no matter how accusatory, victimey, or hurtful. Tell it like it is, and tap yourself free! Just be sure to keep tapping through the points as you pour your heart out. Very powerful!

You can use this technique with anyone, living or dead. Just think of the person you're feeling badly about, and ask yourself: "How am I feeling about this person? If I could say anything to him/her, with no fear of consequences like hurting them or causing further problems, what would I say?" When the answers to these questions come, start saying them outloud while tapping through the points. Repeat the same statement over and over again until it feels neutral. For example: "I can't believe you did that to me. How could you?" When that one's clear, another one will likely arise in its place, such as: "I really needed you to stand up for me, and you didn't." Just tap that one through, and continue on with each statement that arises until you feel like the session is complete.  

With some relationships, there can be years and years worth of hurt feelings, so just do as much as feels comfortable to you, and then come back to it another day.  Remember that whatever you released is gone for good, and though it can seem like an endless amount of "stuff", it's not.  But don't take my word for it--just keep tapping, and you'll see for yourself.

As always, let me know if you get stuck, or if you have any questions.
heather@heatherambler.com ~ 650.465.4788

1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    Tapping solutions
    I really amazed with this informative blog after reading it. I truly rejoice with its great content on tapping solutions. Keep writing.
    Thank You!

    ReplyDelete